At Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic we take the security of your data very seriously. These policies outline what data we hold, how it is used and how long we keep it. We do not pass on any of your data to a third party without your consent. These updated privacy policies come into force on the 25th May 2018 in line with the GDPR 2018.
Who we are
The Controller Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic
Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic
Dean Row Court, Dean Row Road
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 2TB
01625 402053 / email@example.com
The Personal Data We Process and What we do with it
We record and use the following categories of personal data: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, health information including medical history, diagnosis and treatment data. Our lawful basis of processing this data is one of contract and, for the health information, the provision of health-related services as a chiropractic clinic. In addition, we will only examine or treat you with your explicit consent. All children under the age of 16 years must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian before treatment is carried out.
Retaining your Personal Data
Whilst you are receiving treatment from our clinic we will continue to store and use your personal data. Once you have been discharged, we will be required by law to retain your personal data for a minimum of 8 years, however we will keep all paper records for a period of 10 years before they are destroyed, for use should you return to clinic within that time. Computer records are kept indefinitely on an encrypted hard drive.
In the case of children, all records are kept until their 25th Birthday or 10 years after their final visit whichever is the greater.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are:
- a right of access,
- a right of rectification,
- a right of erasure
- a right to restrict processing.
You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email to Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic, whose details are shown above.
Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require. We will need to verify your identity, so we may ask for a copy of your passport, driving license and/or recent utility bill.
If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact the clinic directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made promptly.
If you believe we should erase your data, please contact Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic, whose details are shown above.
If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic, whose details are shown above.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should you wish to complain:
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic” means Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic, Dean Row Court, Dean Row Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 2TB
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Naturally Empowered Wellness & Chiropractic and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (www.naturallyempowered.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain. naturallyempowered.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- DATA COLLECTED
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
2.2 date of birth;
2.4 job title;
2.6 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
2.7 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
2.8 IP address (automatically collected);
2.9 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.10 operating system (automatically collected);
2.11 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
2.132Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
- OUR USE OF DATA
3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by NATURALLY EMPOWERED WELLNESS & CHIROPRACTIC for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide will be retained for one week following completion of actions pertaining to that email.
3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018. For more details on security, see Clause 7 below.
3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.4.1 internal record keeping;
3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
- CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
4.1 NATURALLY EMPOWERED WELLNESS & CHIROPRACTIC may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
4.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
- YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
5.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit other Data.
- ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
6.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
6.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data.
7.1 Data security is of great importance to NATURALLY EMPOWERED WELLNESS & CHIROPRACTIC and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY