- The nervous system co-ordinates healing ability within the body.
- If your nervous system is functioning sub-optimally or if your body is put under stress it will have fewer resources to deal with the stress and hence heal.
- Stressors include physical (e.g. accidents, falls, poor posture), chemical (e.g. smoking, alcohol, caffeine, processed foods) and mental/emotional (stress at work/ home/ relationships, deaths, moving house, etc)
- Tension in your spine is an indicator that your nervous system is under stress and not able to process the stressor from the environment.
- NSA teaches you to reduce the tension in your spine, improving the functioning of your nervous system.
As your nervous system function increases:
- Your immune system function improves
- Your digestive system can better assimilate nutrients
- Muscles relax and heal
- Joints move more easily
- Sleep improves
- Ability to handle stress improves
- Mood improves
- Behaviours change
It can be frustrating when you’ve had symptoms for years and don’t know how to change!
Remember: Healing takes time. But we are programmed to heal, not to be sick.
Healing is often non-linear. This means that 30 years of pain does not need to take 30 years to heal. We often observe healing takes place in leaps and bounds, and that what heals first is rarely predictable.
Have patience and celebrate every small and large change in your health.
Celebration is important. Positive mental attitude consistently supports better healing.
How Network Spinal Analysis and Somato-Respiratory Integration exercises can help you learn new strategies to regain your health
- The respiratory wave is the best strategy to help you connect and release tension in the spine
- Using the Body Awareness exercises of SRI we can harness internal resources and connect more effectively to our internal tension patterns. In Level 1 of care we have three choices:
- SRI Stage 1 is a great option when we feel overwhelmed, despondent and disconnected
- SRI Stage 2 is a good choice when we are blaming others/things or constantly searching for the “magic bullet or healer”
- SRI Stage 3 is the best option when we feel stuck and frustrated and don’t know what to do next
Learn SRI exercises in our Neuro-Activation Workshops and by the book.
Questions and key observations to deepen the season of discovery on this subject
- What are my expectations around how fast I should heal?
- How flexible is my spine? Where is it changing and where is it still stuck?
- What has changed? Was it what I expected? Can I celebrate it?
- What new life strategies can I observe?
- Am I more relaxed or patient?
- Do I sleep better/have more energy?
- Do I recover faster from physical exercise?
- What else is changing with respect to your body and mind?